I don't really end up conforming to a certain set of political beliefs. I'm not liberal. I'm not conservative. Here's my take on some of the most prominent differences:
- I think citizens should be allowed to carry guns. I don't think it should be nearly as difficult as it currently is to get a permit.
- I think abortion should be up to the woman. She is the one who has to carry the fetus inside of her for nine months.
- I don't think teenagers should have to have parental consent to get a condom or The Pill.
- I think minors should have to have parental consent to get an abortion, unless they're emancipated (since it's a surgery).
- Politicians' religious views (and/or their homophobia) should not be brought into the legislative process, dammit.
- I think people should be able to marry whatever gender suits them (male/male, male/female, female/female- it doesn't matter).
- Reverse-discrimation is not the solution to racism.
- Immigrants (here's a shout-out to Costa and Louis!) shouldn't have such a hard time gaining legal citizenship. This should be as simple as signing up for the SAT. Get Mexico to cooperate. Make sure they pass the test. Make sure they aren't a felon. BOOM. Citizenship.